THE BASIC DARKROOM BOOK
THIS DETAILED GUIDED HAS BEEN THE MASTER REFERENCE WORK FOR BOTH PROFESSIONAL AND AMATEUR PHOTOGRAPHERS FOR MORE THAN TWENTY-FIVE YEARS.
The Basic Darkroom Book tells you everything you need to know to produce professional-quality photographs in your personal darkroom. It has been completely revised to include the new films and photo papers, the latest technology and processing methods, and important advances in print preservation.
Clearly written in step-by-step fashion and filled with troubleshooting tips only an expert can provide, Tom Grimm's book helps you get the finished pictures you want. Features of this 3rd revision include:
● Understanding photographic processes
● Setting up a successful darkroom
● Essential information on current films and photo papers
● Detailed instructions for processing films of all types and sizes
● Creating outstanding contact prints and enlargements-both color and black-and-white
● Finishing, mounting, and framing prints
● Experimenting with special techniques, including photograms, paper negatives,
high-contrast images, reticulation, multiple printing, and the Sabattier effect
● Understanding electronic imaging in the “digital darkroom"
● Using a computer and image-editing software to manipulate images
● An exceptional glossary of processing and printing terms
● More than 150 illustrative photographs
In their classic The Basic Book of Photography, Michele and Tom Grimm show how to creatively capture images on film. Now, in The Basic Darkroom Book, Tom gives you the knowledge to not only print those images but make them into works of art.
THIS GUIDE IS YOUR BEST ASSISTANT IN THE DARKROOM!